Members are invited to compete for the prestigious NYC/LI NARI 2018 BUZZ Awards in recognition of their achievements in marketing and design excellence in the remodeling industry between December 1, 2016 and October 1, 2018. Winners will be announced at our Evening of Excellence.
Why You Should Enter
(All NARI Members can enter these categories)
Any NARI Member who does any of the marketing and/or design for their firms - from one-person shops to the largest remodeling firms – report that winning an award is a major factor in enhancing their image within the industry and with prospective customers, and is a major morale booster for their employees. The numerous marketing and design opportunities available to BUZZ winners help set your business apart from other remodeling and design companies, and NARI helps by providing tools and resources to make the most of this distinguished honor.
Follow these easy steps to be sure your entry is given full consideration by the judges and your marketing work receives the recognition it deserves!
(click on title tab to reveal)
Your ability to present your project in a manner that helps judges distinguish your project will go a long way to set you apart from the competition. The following tips are provided as guidelines:
• Plan your entry. A winner’s entry is always well thought out. Arrange your photos, proofs, marketing statements, etc.
• Describe the objective of the advertisement or designed space and any obstacles and how they were handled.
• Avoid filling up your entry pages with too many words. Include only the details that will help the judges determine why your advertisement or designed space deserves high marks.
Winners are selected by an impartial panel of judges who are experts from within the industry. The evaluation process is done without revealing company names. Entries are judged on concept, copy, layout, overall design execution, functionality of the space (if a design entry) and communication of the ad or designs overall objective.
A group of judges begins by individually comparing all the entries in a category within a Chapter. They may take a preliminary review of that group of entries, and then score the entries one by one, using the judge’s ballot provided. They do not discuss the entries during this phase of the process, and they do not see other judge’s score sheets. Once a category is completed, the ballots are collected and tallied. A score for each entry is obtained by averaging the judge’s scores. The highest average score obtained, determines the BUZZ Winner for each category.
1) Complete and return the BUZZ Awards Entry Form with your payment, by 4pm October 1, 2018. Credit card orders can be paid by calling Lisa at 631-673-6274. Orders paid by check can be mailed to NYC/LI NARI, 1797-22 Veterans Memorial Highway, Islandia, NY 11749. Please allow sufficient time for mailing.
2) NARI members in good standing are eligible for individual entries for a fee of $200 per entry. All entry fees are nonrefundable, non-transferable, and cannot be carried over to subsequent years.
3) Obtain entry materials. You will need:
-1” white, clear view 3-ring binder, with pockets inside the front and back cover.
-Clear plastic sleeves for displaying your advertisement (for audio or video entry, submit usb or disc in sleeve)
4) Build your entry and hand deliver them to Lisa at NARI, 1797-22 Veterans Memorial Highway, Islandia, NY, by 4pm on Friday, October 5th, 2018.
Media insertion date and design of space completion date must be between December 1, 2016 and October 1, 2018.
1) For each entry, slide the first page of this document behind the clear cover of the view binder.
2) The first plastic sleeve in the entry is for the entry materials and will be removed upon arrival at the NYC/LI NARI office. These items will not be returned to you, so be sure to make copies for yourself before sending these in. This first sleeve must include:
a) Entry Form
b) Include a USB – with a duplicate set of photos and artwork of those shown in your binder. Use high resolution (300 dpi or better), and in JPG, TIFF, or EPS format. Please include the photos and artwork that were displayed in your binder.
3) Entry binders can be retrieved directly at the Evening of Excellence after the awards ceremony on Thursday, November 15th.
The Awards Committee has made every effort to make this competition fair, open, and available to all NARI members in good standing. It is important that the rules of the competition are closely adhered followed. The BUZZ award Judges reserve the right to disqualify, adjust the category, or deduct points from any entry that does not follow these rules and guidelines, without prior notice.
How do our judges score your marketing and design submissions?
Ready to represent your company and rock the 2018 Buzz Awards?